Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:21:35 EST
Michael,
  Unless you have VERY tall air cleaner assemblies, you'll end up cutting
the air flow due to the ram tube's proximity to the top of  the air
filter can.
  Much better is the "stub tubes" which are made to fit inside an
existing air cleaner.
  They improve the air flow into the carb by smothing out the flow as the
air attempts to make a 90 degree bend into the throat of the carb.
  I'm using a set on both Midgets (Mine and my sons), and although I
haven't tested a bunch of cleaners, they do improve the low end and mid
range response. Seat of the pants feel is better at the top end too.
  Cost is not much either. Don't remember the exact figure but it was
about 10 bucks if I recall (it's been a couple of years.
YMMV
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget