Re: Allen Humor and Mystery(Soooo off topic)

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Re: Allen Humor and Mystery(Soooo off topic)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:08:08 EST

On Thu, 22 Jan 98 11:47:33 -0000 Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk> writes:
>On 22/1/98 9:04 am bradleys said
>
>>Some of the British Comedy rerun go back to bell bottoms, but there
>still
>>funny amd we don't seem to tire of them.  "Last of the Wine","Open
>all
>>Hours", "Good Neighbors", "Waiting for God", "One foot in the Grave",
>
>>"Keeping up Appearances", Dad's Army, "The Vicar of
>>We-can't-remember-where"---they've given us a lot of fun.  With
>Cable, we
>>can four PBS stations and laugh almost every night.
>
>Gosh, You're going back a few years with some of those. IMHO, there
>are
>much better English comedies, but maybe the humour wouldn't work
>overseas. Have you seen Absolutely Fabulous or Shooting Stars. Now
>that
>IS English humour :-)
>
>A lot of people over here slag off US TV, but I still say you can't
>beat
>the old episodes of Cheers and Mash, although Friends is good, too.
>
>Now, what's all this got to do with MGs??? :-)
>

>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk

Well lets see.
 How about:
  If you watch enough, sooner or later you're gonna get to see an MG.

I think the last one I say was on "Inspector Morse" . Morse and faithful
sidekick were on the way to question a suspect when said suspect past
them at a high rate of speed in an MG. Shortly thereafter, suspect
crashed and rolled the B. Everyone got a really good look at the bottom
of an early B.
  I should have taped the re-run, so as to have a reference when working
under my car.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget