Was: MGB Suspension mods Now: Rear Springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Was: MGB Suspension mods Now: Rear Springs
From: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:34:09 -0900
> As the A-arm droops, the spring will drop free, with no tension on it.
> " Installation is the reverse of dis-assembly"
>Rick Morrison
>72 MGBGT
>74 Midget

Rick and All,
   Let's go to the other end.  My 57A is frame only with the chasis off.  I
have
replaced the bushings and bearing on the front and rear and also rebuilt the
rearend.  The axle is in place and the rear springs (standard new replacements)
won't flex enough to allow me to connect either of my rear shocks or the rebound
straps.  I figured I'd let it set awhile with the weight of the frame and
the other
components to see if it would "set in" a little and as of now (weeks) I see no
change.  I had my boy stand on the crossmember just in front of the axle and saw
NO movement.  I realize the body and contents will have their effect on the
springs
but thought I'd ask if anyone else has found this situation before.
Connecting the
shocks and the rebound straps are really no task and could (would) be done
last anyway.
Just the fueltank (already in place) being full would be a lot of weight.
   Thanks for any responces.
Gregg Baker