Re: Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:47:13 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, DANIEL RAY wrote:

=%OWell, another Sunday of tinkering and the resultant questions:
=%O
=%O1) My right horn is missing, wires dangling. Does the "H" on the existing
one mean "high", and so the other is "low"? Has anyone ever had one konk out
and tried to run the wires across to get a single one working? The Haynes
wiring diagram looks like they are on a mutual circuit.
=%O
=%O2) Any tips on getting the headlight ring off without scratching the paint?
I need to replace the headlight and tried to ease the ring off from the bottom
like the manual says with a flat tip screw driver, first try resulted in a big
chip in the paint! :(
=%O
Get a thin plastic blade and put that between the screwdriver and the
paint when you pry the ring off.

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II