Re: A math puzzle this time...

To: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Subject: Re: A math puzzle this time...
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:05:49 +0000
> Hey Scott,  the Air Force on strike?  You must have too much time on your
> hands, or is Ricki out of town?         : - )
>
> Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
> Denver, CO USA

It's NAVY!  N-A-V-Y!  Why does everyone assume that just because I'm
overpaid, underworked, and haven't been out to sea in the four years
I've been on active duty that I must be in the Air Force??  No
offense taken, though.  Seriously, I do lack for a life, and I enjoy
these brain teasers.  My USENET server here doesn't get
alt.rec.brainteasers, so I've been kind of Jonesing for some mental
stimulation.
        As for the tortoise problem, there seems to be something missing
from the problem statement, because I thought there was only one
correct answer, not eleven.  I cut-and-pasted it directly from the
source, so I don't think I left anything out.  I've got an e-mail in
to the source, so hopefully I'll hear back soon.
Scott