Re: MGB Auto Insurance

To: Mx6perform@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Auto Insurance
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:22:55 EST
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:34:25 EST Mx6perform@aol.com writes:
>I am checking on insurance for my 76 MGB and thought that one of you
>guys may
>have found a very CHEAP auto insurance. I just want liability because
>I will
>probably drive the car once a month. I, my parents, pay $360 a month
>for
>insurance on my MX6. I was hoping that the insurance on this car would
>be
>close to nothing because thats about all I can afford. What does
>everyone pay
>for there insurance. Thanks
>Ron

Ron,
There are numerous companies specializing in classic car insurance,
most will give you full coverage at a very reasonable price  but there
are restrictions to your usage, where the car is kept etc.
Since everyone has different parameters and requirements i suggest you
buy a copy of Hemmings,(its always useful anyway) and call a few of the
companies for quotes
I pay Blueline $142 per annum fully comp with no deductible on two of the
cars but they HAVE to be garaged, and are restricted to 3000 miles a year
each (ever change an MGB speedo/odometer??)
The third is liability only on a normal policy at about $180 with a $500
deductible -
I have to do that cos ive only got two garage spots!
But then i also only pay 700pa fully comp on a 93 jeep so i guess youre
still in the high risk bracket.....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]