Re: Special tools?

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Special tools?
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 08:09:55 -0800 (PST)
Dear Nory,

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Nory wrote:

=%OB's are whitworth?

Who told you that? Almost all the fittings on my B are British Standard
Fine thread, and this is equivalent to American Standard Fine. The SUs
"might" be Whitworth, as neither my 'merkin nor metric tools fit well on
them- hence I farmed out that job to Mr. Taylor.

  I didn't know that.  Everything on my Midget is good
=%Ool' standard inches and fractions thereof.  I always thought the
=%Owhitworth sockets were only needed for the much older stuff.
=%O
=%O-NORY
=%ODon't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
=%OONLY problem.
=%O
=%O '74 Midget & '71 parts car
=%O '94 Ford Ranger
=%O '86 Ford Escort
=%O '89 Ford Probe
=%O '96 North American Shepherd
=%O Only 1 cat now (don't ask)
=%Ohttp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9101
=%O
=%ONEW Home Improvement Homepage:  http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II