Re: Special tools?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Special tools?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 06:43:04 -0800 (PST)
At 12:58 AM 1/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>B's are whitworth?  I didn't know that.  Everything on my Midget is good
>ol' standard inches and fractions thereof.  I always thought the
>whitworth sockets were only needed for the much older stuff.
>
>-NORY
Nope.  Whitworth bowed out in 1956 with the introduction of the A. Just to
make matters more interesting, the XPAG engines use Whitworth heads on
french (NOT SI) metric threads and some of the screws on the SU carbs used
on all models including the A and B are BA (or was that British Cycle) threads.

If you've any MG post 1956 you can get all the wrenches and sockets you'll
need for cheap....

I too recommend you get a couple Pozidrive screwdrivers.  They do look like
phillips but there IS a difference. You'll feel it when you've got the right
one.

Cheers,