MGA Dash Braces

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA Dash Braces
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:04:44 -0500
I failed to make notes on how the 2 center dash braces attached to the
dash in front.
Are they at the bottom of the heater control panel fascia,  at the top
of the fascia and below the dash
or above the dash lip?  One end has a cage nut (sort of) while the other
just has a hole.  I've installed them cage nut forward on top the dash
lip but the heater fascia is left swaying in the breeze - secured only
by the two bolts.  This seems like a rather flimsy setup for a plastic
panel that receives a fair amount of stress in tugging on the controls.
In the fog of disassembly, I remember a couple of fiber type speed nuts
on the end of the two bolts but can't recall just how it was set up.
None of my books or NAMGAR reprints seem to describe exactly how this is
set up.   By the way - if any of the NAMGAR technical folks are out
there - the reprints are a gold mine.  BTW - is this list archived?  I
don't remember seeing anything about that in my "welcome" info.

Thanks to all who provided input regarding wiring - I ordered a wiring
harness this afternoon.  Key to my decision was a desire to keep my car
as "original" as possible.

-ralph cordell
'59 MGA
'84 Turbo regal