Re: Amp gauge

To: frankk@businesson.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Amp gauge
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:55:22 EST
Swamp Yankee,
The TD ammeter is held in place by four semicircular tabs which are actually
part of the case and located at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 oclock positions if I
remember correctly.  They are bent outward and back against the rear side of
the center panel.  The problem is that all too frequently, they break off when
bent back and forth like bending a strip of metal.  Almost needless to say,
"Been there and done that".  The only fix I could come up with is to take an
appropriate sized radiator hose clamp to hold the meter in place.  I ground
grooves in the clamp in the areas of the illumination slots so that the
instrument light could pass by the clamp and into the gauge.  I think I ground
two grooves for the light.  Slide the instrument in place, orient the clamp in
place and tighten it down a bit.  Doesn't have to be too tight to hold. It
worked for me.
The only numbers I recorded for an NGK plug is a B7HS (cold) and a B6HS
(hotter).  I copied this out of a spark plug book at a local discount house.
I can't say what the significance of the other letters might be in the NGK
numbers you mentioned.  Jim