Re: What are you doing to your LBC this weekend?

To: aramm@concentric.net (Andy Ramm)
Subject: Re: What are you doing to your LBC this weekend?
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 98 13:56:30 EST

> Well, OK, I'm at work and a little bored, so I
> thought I'd ask, what are you doing with your LBC
> this weekend?

It's not an LBC but a BGV (Big German Van).  I'm helping a VW Bus friend
of mine replace the clutch in his '73 Bus.

You engine hoist guys would be envious of us.  The only thing we need to
drop the engine and transmission is a floorjack :-)

We find it easier to remove and install if we drop them both as a unit
and then separate it later.  The VW engine/tranny comes out from
underneat the car.  Disconnect everything, remove the mounting bolts,
lower floorjack, slide it back.  Easy! :-)

We did this last weekend too, on another VW friend's '78 Bus.  I'm
starting to get good at this :-)

--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia