Re: Apologies to the list, like forever? (No LBC content)

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: Apologies to the list, like forever? (No LBC content)
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 22:47:22 EST
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:56:52 -0800 (PST) (11:56 am 19:56 UT) PHILIPPE
TUSLER  <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> writes:

> Sort of like:  "Who remembers when you could buy a car for $4,000 and
>open the hood and recognize the same basic components as in every
>other car?"

Oh you would mention that today of all days!!!!
(beware now those of you who object to ranting!)

My 93 Jeep has 108000 miles on it and apart from expected
maintenance (brakes etc) has not cost me a great deal of
money - however - the last few days is has had a propensity
to die at idle, especially when warm which of course, being
an automatic makes it hard to drive - you cant just pull the
choke out a bit!
So i think to myself - hmmm likely worn out coil? - no big deal,
In it goes this morning - and yes it does need a coil which
with fitting is $125!!!! and it also needs a new belt, and a good
tuning - well, might be true, what d0 i know about V8 jeeps,
sounds fine, runs fine.......
I guess i wasnt thinking since i said ok, you can tune a B in
an hour or so. The guy called half an hour ago
to tell me its ready, $700!!! - plus bloody tax!
I havnt seen the invoice yet but it strikes me that he may possibly
be selling me a used bridge from Brooklyn.
Watch this space.....................

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster
Does anyone have any idea

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]