Re: Plugs

To: frankk@businesson.com
Subject: Re: Plugs
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:09:22 EST
Hi Frank,
  There was a point at which the heads were changed to need the longer
plug. However, since so many cars have had so many changes made to them
over the years, the safe thing to do is to measure the plug thread depth.
  Just put a little bend in the end of a stiff wire and hook that end
inside the head while pushing your thumb down the wire to touch the
outside of the head. Remove the wire and see how much was in the plug's
hole.  Should be either about 1/2 or 3/4.
  Chip Old discusses this in the T Series Handbook, but the real world
isn't necesarily what everyone thinks it should be. Per Chip, the head on
XPAG/TD3/22308 should be 1/2", but it's a 3/4" and this is a one-owner
car. He gives some head #s to watch for, but this head is "none of the
above"   Maybe it's a MkII modification that was not clearly documented
in the parts book--I don't know, but it isn't what the books say it
should be.

Bob

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998 12:43:44 -0800 "Frank R. Krajewski"
<frankk@businesson.com> writes:
>Skip & Jim:
>Thanks for the plug info. Where does it specify whether my engine uses
>long or short reach? If it helps my engine no. is XPAG/TD2/24548, Car
>No. TD2420, Body NO. 23529/99693.
>Frank Krajewski

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]