re: MG WA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: MG WA
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 19:32:42 EST
   Of all the pre-war MGs, including those K3 Magnettes, and M-type Midgets,
the most wonderful is surely the MG WA.  They have an enourmous 2.6 litre
engine, a gracious if not enourmous size, and simply the best interior MG has
ever done before or since.
   The exterior is just plain elegant.  Imagine your typical MG swept fender
line, on a monolithic Bentley-like body.  The door handles have MG crest
molded in, the headlights have MG crests UNDER the glass.  The spare wheel is
set into the fender, next to the louvered bonnet.  I can't imagine showing up
anywhere is a more beautiful car.  Ofcourse, suicide doors.
   As nice as the exterior is, the interior blows it away.  Each door has a
thick wood cap and surround that is inlayed with intricate parquet.  The
latches and window winders, in chrome, have MG crests cast in.  The seats a
big leather, almost like armchairs. Best of all is surely the dash.
Octagonal instruments set into a dash that is as curved and swoopy and the
exterior.
  All in all the MG WA is simply stunning, undervalued at 100grand, and if I
ever have the money (yes I am saving) will one day  reside in my garage.

   John

And its also got all those neat pre-war tricks like Jack-All and tilt
windscreen.