JB Weld....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: JB Weld....
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 11:51:28 -0800 (PST)
Oh! Venerable Listers!

I had such luck with returning the fit to the TC's rear hubs that I've
decided to give it a try on the steering wheel.  My wheel fits very loose on
the splined shaft regardless of how tight I do up the clamp.  It will not
come of in my hands and is very positively connected to the shaft but
there's an unsettling amount of "wobble" if the wheel is pushed or pulled on
one edge or the other.  My Question:  Does anyone know of a release agent
for JB Weld that I could apply to the steering shaft to allow the JB Weld to
form to fit inside the wheel yet not allow the wheel and shaft to "become as
one"?  Does anyone have an alternate way to accomplish this?

TIA
Cheers, eh!
  Ross
  `66 GT & `47 TC