Re: Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring
From: tiggah <tiggah@writeme.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 15:03:30 -0500
Paul Hunt wrote:

> DANIEL RAY wrote:
> >
> > Well, another Sunday of tinkering and the resultant questions:
> >
> > 1) My right horn is missing, wires dangling. Does the "H" on the existing
>one mean "high", and so the other is "low"? Has anyone ever had
> one konk out and trie
> >

> I think one is 'high' and the other is 'low'.  They are both on the same
> circuit i.e. wired in parallel.
>
> > 2) Any tips on getting the headlight ring off without scratching the paint?
>I need to replace the headlight and tried to ease the ring off
> from the bottom like
>
> In addition to the other comments, press down on the top of the ring
> while you are pulling the bottom forward.
>
> PaulH.

Also, for the headlight rings, try the little metal pull tab tool that
hardware stores sell to open paint cans. Has a little hook on the end
that gets under the headlight ring nicely and only costs about $0.75.
And as Paul mentioned, remember to press down on the top as you pull
forward on the bottom.