Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:11:20 -0800
Transformer fuses on the common overhead secondary transformer.

I can TRY to explain it, but I'm sure there's an EE out there who can do a
better job of it!

Sort of a ,22 shell with no bullet, just powder. Lightning or high voltage
surge on the line sets it off and it disconnects as quickly as and sounds
like a gunshot. It amazes me that a simple design like that from WAY back
hasn't been bested. Simple, efficient, COST EFFECTIVE method of protecting
very expensive equipment. And is replaced in a matter of a couple of
minutes. Just reload it! No kidding.

Carol