Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:22:56 EST
Trevor,
 When the little twirp tried to shoot me, I was not inclined to do the
math and decide if shooting him with the pistol, or smacking him on the
head with the butt end,  to stop him.
 FACT. I shot him in the leg (bad shot on my part).
 FACT. He went to the ground.
 Conclusion. The SOB was stopped, in his tracks.
 Now, you can play games with math all you want to try to disprove the
above, and show that "Charlie" fell down because the sight of my ugly
puss frightened him, but remember, YOU WERE NOT THERE. ergo you have no
first hand knowledge of the events.
  IF you are so up on math, YOU explain how the above happened.
 My original posting was simply a report of a first hand experience with
the phenomem under discussion, not the definitive word on the subject,
and the last I had intended to say on the matter.
 Til this silliness about doing the math came up.

Apologies to the list for setting Trevor off.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget
On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:22:13 -0500 Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
writes:
>Rick Morrison wrote:
>>  That much energy being expended WILL stop a human
>> body.
>
>  I invite you to do some math at your convenience.
>
>  Find out how much energy there is in a few grains of gunpowder,
>and how much energy there is in say, a 100 grain bullet at
>2200fps.
>
>  The answer in both cases is "not much".
>
>  Think of Kennedy's head!
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey
>Ottawa, Canada
>tboicey@brit.ca
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]