Re: Electrical woes

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: Electrical woes
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:51:39 EST
In a message dated 2/11/98 6:41:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

> I had the problem of my 77 not shutting off when the key was turned.I
>  asked John Twist what the problem was when he was in Buffalo last summer
>  and thats the explaination he gave me. I followed his advice and the
>  problem was fixed. With the help of a list member that supplied the needed
>  diode I cut the wire and spliced it in and ended my problem for good.Who
>  knows...

Ah, yes, that I understand!  That's the infamous brake circuit diode problem,
which I understand (from John Twist) to be a problem only for the '77 model.
I haven't looked into it enough to understand *exactly* what the problem is,
but I understand it in general.  That problem is the result of the failure of
the factory installed diode in the brake warning light circuit.  I will make
it a point to review that circuit and get a complete understanding of the
problem.  I assume John's fix is a replacement for the original diode?

Thanks for the response.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74