Re: Help, GT Wing Window Wind Noise

To: aramm@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Help, GT Wing Window Wind Noise
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:45:54 EST
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:53:57 -0800 Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
writes:
>...say that 10 times fast
I tried, but my wife slapped my before I finished for using "bad language
in front of the kids" (kids being 29 and 26 respectivly)

>I have changed the wing window seal on the
>passsenger side of my '67 GT (driver side is
>next), but the wind noise on the passenger side
>persists.  Any suggestion about wind noise
>abatement in a GT, wing windows or any other
>source?
 Have you checked the door seal rubber, that is around the door opening
that is contacted by the door and wing (quarter light) frame as it
closes? A poor air seal here can make a lot of noise.
 Also wind noise can sometimes seem to "travel". What sound's like noise
from one spot is actually coming from else where. You might impose on a
friend to ride with you, and using a length of rubber hose as a
stethoscope, pinpoint the true source of the noise.
 Finally, make sure the door alignment is correct, as well as the striker
plate on the "b" post. The latter can, if out of adjustment, hold the
door off the seal slightly, even though the door is closed securely.
Good luck.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget
>Thanks,
>
>Andy
>--
>

>Andy Ramm
>A silver face in a tweed world.
>Remove obvious spam filter from email address when
>replying.
>"What we play is the blues, straight from the
>delta, and I believe we'll make it on that,"  B.B.
>King
>

>By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B),
>Sec.227(b)(1)(C) and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), it is
>unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
>this equipment.  A violation of the aforementioned
>Section is punishable by action to recover actual
>monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for
>each violation.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]