Re: Gauge Help Please

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gauge Help Please
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:33:11 EST
In a message dated 98-02-12 17:48:07 EST, Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com writes:

<< Now I usually see totally eye to eye with Ed over such things as
 Pozidriv tools, wiring harnesses, and such.  But this time I think he
 might be forgetting that some people derive great pleasure in fiddling
 with their cars.  Enrique (the original poster) may want to try to fix
 the gauge himself.

Hey der, Paul!!

One of the points that you missed in the ever ongoing saga of Enrique's
questions is that he is trying to get the car on the road with many MAJOR jobs
to be done.  That was the main reason I replied in that manor.  You know, take
time to build a MOTOR yourself OR rebuild an instrument?!?!?!?

To anyone whom has the desire to do a 10 year groundup restoration,GO FOR IT
!!

As a further example, if anyone was so inclined, I can sell the braided
harness cover material (by the foot) and the proper color coded wire (by the
foot), all the proper solider bullit connectors, the connectors (single wire,
four wire, five wire, etc) and this person could take 500 hours making his/her
'correct' harness for an early MGB.

Again, I suggest that MANY times, we try VERY hard tore-invent the wheel.

Cheers........

       Ed