Re: Old, unchanged stuff

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Old, unchanged stuff
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:23:44 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Bill Eastman wrote:

> On a more universal tack, how about the plow?  I have heard that the plow
> is considered to be the most important invention in man's history (fire is
> not an invention but a discovery) since the plow allowed a band of humans
> to produce enough food from a single place.  With the plow, people no
> longer had to be nomadic foragers and thus civilization as we know it was
> born.  Labour was freed up to do other things such as build buildings and,
> in the long run, LBC's

Yes, James Burke did a good show on this.

> To tie this back to the obligatory music angle, wasn't the band Jethro Tull
> named after the legendary inventor of the plow?

Seed drill.

> Bill Eastman
> 61 MGA
> No radio so I can't cruise to "Thick as a Brick"

"Really don't mind if you sit this one out."  Thanks.  Now I'm going to
have to go home and listen to it.  :)

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA      kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.            www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA