Re: Engine weight

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine weight
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:15:40 EST
On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:59:16 EST DANMAS@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 2/11/98 5:11:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>gofastmg@juno.com
>writes:
>
>> For the later (post SD1 engines the figure is about 35-40 LBS low.
>>  For Buick engines and early Rovers the 318 is complete except for
>cast
>>  iron exhausts.  For the record, when I got my Buick 215 engine,
>less
>>  flywheel and with cast iron exhaust manifolds, the little booger
>tipped
>>  the scales at 328 lbs.
>
>Rick,
>
>Did that 328 lbs include the alternator, starter, carburetor, fan, and
>pulleys?
Yes to all the above, except for alternator, subsitute generator (maybe 2
bs heavier than alternator?)
 The weight may be off by a few lbs, as the grain scales I used hadn't
been calibrated in donkey's years. They were some my father in law uses
to roughly measure materials on his farm. (Don't ask what materials, I
haven't the foggiest idea! I lost all interest in farm work when I found
out some tractors had Tri***h engines)
Rick

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]