Re: saturday part two

To: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Subject: Re: saturday part two
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 07:07:07 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:

>A productive day.....
>I actually did get the chores done  - so the kids/dogs/cats can all
eat
>for another week
>As for you Mr Deutsch....why didnt you call? - I'd have been down
there
>with a tool kit in a flash!!!
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>72 roadster

I had a very small "window of opportunity" on the Saturday "time line"
(and people say nothing good came out of the OJ trial). I was also
quite annoyed with Malcolm for not allow me a little more time or
pitching in to help get stuff off. I wasn't even looking to keep
everything, he was welcome to any thing he wanted. I have a few bits
lying around his shop and will mostly be getting the 79 B out of there
with in the next couple of months.

A paint shop? you know where to take the car, the same place where my
79 will be going. I know it's a haul but what the hey. Wish I could
share this top secret info but we (and any others on this list that
know where I'm talking about) have all been sworn to secrecy. BTW being
an active member of the North American MGB Register does have it's
perks and will open many otherwise closed doors in the world of
maintaining and restoring your MG.

Well, I'm off to play my hero role in a red and white tow truck for the
day. Everybody likes the tow truck driver(we don't do repos or
violations removal, just service). As long as I'm on this subject I'd
like to mention that the people employed to drive these things are very
under paid and a couple of dollars as a tip is very much appreciated. I
personally do not do it for the $7. an hour, in fact I do all the long
hauls and prefer seeing the guys relying on this job to feed their
families, taking the short hauls with higher potencial for tip monies.
It's more of a therapy for me and helps to clear my head from the prior
week and prepare for the week ahead.

Am I babbling again? Looks like another beautiful day here on Long
Island. Have a Great Day, Safety Fast, David Deutsch