Re: Wiring Diagrams?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wiring Diagrams?
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 17:07:06 EST
In re the wiring diagrams: I made a copy from my Haynes manual, and
trimmed it back as small as I could around the diagram.  Then, I retyped
the color codes (B = Black, etc) and numerical notes (6 = Horn) in a
smaller type size and cut and pasted the whole thing together to an 8.5"
x 11" size.

This I took to the local Copy Cat and had it enlarged to 24" x 36" for
$1.75 per copy.  Took one copy and traced the wiring with markers of the
appropriate colors (time consuming), bought a plexiglass poster frame
from Wal-Mart for around $7.00 and hung it in the garage.

Now I can refer to it whenever I need to, and can trace it with greasy,
dirty fingers, AND and I can finally see the @#%^ thing without going
blind....  Also made several extra 8.5" x 11" copies to stick in my
notebook, so that I can cross off the circuits I have already checked if
I am having trouble tracking down the problem; but rarely use them as I
can write directly on the plexiglass with a dry-erase marker, and clean
it off later.

Now I'm planning to do the same with assorted schematics I have of the
engine, transmission, carburetor, etc, just because they'll look kind of
cool hanging out in the garage (or in the living room....).

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]