Re: TC Adventures

To: swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au
Subject: Re: TC Adventures
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:05:20 EST
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:04:02 +1100 "John Swanland"
<swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au> writes:
>The novelty is wearing off very quickly, as my arm gets sorer and
>sorer.
>Starting with the crank is do-able as long as the motor catches
>quickly.
>I've set the idle very high with the slow running control as I have no
>desire for it to die and traffic and have to do a crank re-start, much
>the amusement of other commuters!
>
>regards
>
>John Swanland
>Melbourne Australia

At the tender age of 16 i bought my first car, a 1939 Austin "Big 7" -
cost me ten pounds which was about three weeks money as i recall.
I cleaned it, polished it learned to drive in it and covered thousands of
miles in it -
every time starting it with the crank handle.
One day, a pal of mine asked me what the button on the floor was for - i
told him i didnt know, thought it was something to do with the seat - i
pushed it - it was a bloody starter switch!!
My arm is still sore 30 years later ! - at least the embarassment has
worn off-
and not just for the handle episode, - i scrapped the thing after 2 years
because i couldnt sell it!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]