Electrical Woes II

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electrical Woes II
From: BobTorrens@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:47:23 EST
First, thanks to all who responded to my "MG that wouldn't quit" problem. In a
way I feel fortunate to have this problem in that most of us have been in a
situation where our MG's wouldn't start. Getting back to the problem at
hand...
Suggestions appeared to center around faulty diodes in either the alternator
or brake lamp circuit.  I pulled the alternator  as well as the brake circuit
diodes to have them tested and thought that I would reconnect the battery just
to see what happened. Interestingly, the brake lamp came one and I could hear
a clicking at the ignition relay which told me the starting circuit was being
energized. All of this is happening without the key. Could this problem be a
short in the ignition relay or???
Puzzled,
Bob Torrens