Re: Turn Signal Mystery

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Mystery
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:38:11 -0500
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know I'm still working on this, apparently some other fol=
ks
are having this problem as well.  I'm off to the auto store today to get
some electrical connectors.  I've been examing the connections at the
front, as per Bob's suggestion, and have found lot's of nasty DPO bodges
(ie, wire nuts) as well as connectors hanging on by a thread, etc.

 PaulH asks:
>1.  Does the turn signal arrow flash with the the turn signal?
With the lights off, the turn signals (and arrows) work just fine

>2.  Do any of the turn signals light with the parking/head lights on?
The RHS works OK with the lights on.

>3.  Do any of the parking/head lights flash with the turn signal?
Nope

Things are getting worse:

If I just turn on the parking lights, the LH turn signal arrow comes on
(doesn't blink).  The parking lights come on but also the rear LH turn
signal (not flashing) and the front light (turn signal/parking light
combined) is brighter on the LH.  (no sidemarkers, but I think they only
come on with the headlights anyway)

If I turn the headlights on, ditto all above but also no headlights or
sidemarkers!

I've a feeling this has to do with the two months of rain every day here =
in
NC. I'll let you all know what happens.

Regards,   Adrian