Re: Turn Signal Mystery

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Mystery
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:02:10 +0000
Adrian Jones wrote:
> If I just turn on the parking lights, the LH turn signal arrow comes on
> (doesn't blink).  The parking lights come on but also the rear LH turn
> signal (not flashing) and the front light (turn signal/parking light
> combined) is brighter on the LH.  (no sidemarkers, but I think they only
> come on with the headlights anyway)
>
> If I turn the headlights on, ditto all above but also no headlights or
> sidemarkers!
>
> I've a feeling this has to do with the two months of rain every day here in
> NC. I'll let you all know what happens.
>
> Regards,   Adrian

The rear LH turn signal coming on when the parking lights on is a classic
symptom
of a faulty ground on that unit.

My Haynes shows the sidemarkers as being connected to the parking lights.  If
neither these nor the headlights are working then it could be a couple of
disconnections or a lot of bad grounds.

As to the brighter front LH light, that could be because both the turn and
parking bulbs are lit which would be the case with the faulty ground on the
rear
unit, but indicates a good ground on that front unit (but gioven the apparent
state of the other grounds I wouldn't count on it).

PaulH