Re: Easy Questions

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Easy Questions
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:22:54 -0500
It's also called a Western Union Splice. Try picturing it this way: strip the
insulation
from both wires for a distance of about 2 inches; form a cross with the wires
at about the
midpoint of the stripped area; now wind each free end around the other wire
continuing in
the original direction. This is done symmetrically from the cross area. This
splice is
fairly strong when done with solid wire. If you use it with stranded wire
you'll need
something else (solder?) for strength.

Bud Krueger
52TD