Re: Junk Yard Queens

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: Junk Yard Queens
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:49:56 -0500
>I personally have seen too many cars crushed, too much blatant
>waste and emotionless consuming of resources.  I've seen a rotted
>Jaguar XKE in a junkyard.  A RHD Triumph Stag, a complete FIAT 850.
>A crushed Midget corpse with a "I'm from the government, I'm here
>to help" bumper sticker.  It is deeply saddening, and I know that
>there are some of us who aren't too proud to wander the 'yards
>in search of treasure.

I love wandering the junkyards! =)

It's so fun to see so many different cars. There is one down by me that has
lots of old American iron. To see all those 50's Caddys sitting there... Some
of them still look salvagable. That's when I get myself into trouble -
thinking
of salvaging a 49 Caddy and using it as a driver... heh.

Still though, most of the yards by me don't keep foreign stuff for long. Yeah,
if I've got an 89 Tercell or some crap like that, you can find parts. But if
you've got a 78B, you're up a creek. =(

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis