Re: SU Questions

To: robert@woozy.com
Subject: Re: SU Questions
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:19:01 +0000
> >3...Has anyone had trouble with using a Colortune?  I can't seem to get the
> >spark blue.  Am I not seeing it right?  What cylinders do you use it in, 1 &
>
> I have a Weber which has been rebuilt and I have never been able to get
> the spark blue, I finally gave up on it and went back to tuning by "feel"
>
> Robert Weeks
> Durham NC
> 1969 Midget
> http://www.woozy.com/midget/

I can get pretty consistent results with a Colourtune on my Weber,
but it REALLY helps to have the idle down as low as possible.  If I'm
idling at 1000 or higher, I can't ever seem to get the pale "bunsen
blue" that the sheet recommends.  Remember to blip the throttle
occaisonally as well, to kind of "clear the carb's throat" for it,
too.
Scott