Quandry.. 14" or 15" Wheels for MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Quandry.. 14" or 15" Wheels for MGB
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:54:40 -0800
I'm weighing the plusses and minuses of 14" vs.
15" wheels for my MGB.  I have some pros and cons
but am wondering if any listers have some
definitive answers based on experience.  Here
goes:

14" Advantages
Lower cost for both rims and tires
Look more appropriate in the wheel wells
Lower unsprung weight
Faster turn-in
Maintains proper scrub radius
Less prone to rub (?)
Less WW flex

15" Advantages
Higher overall gearing
Slightly larger contact patch (a little more grip)
Lower rotational speed in corners (also a little
more grip)
Look cool inside wheel wells

These are just suppositions.  Can anyone give me
some useful feedback on the subject?

Thanks,

Andy

--

Andy Ramm
A silver face in a tweed world.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B),
Sec.227(b)(1)(C) and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to
this equipment.  A violation of the aforementioned
Section is punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for
each violation.