Extra slenoid?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Extra slenoid?
From: Rene and Marion van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:12:56 +0100
I have been on this list for about one week now, and I am really
enjoying it.

I have a question on the wiring. Not how it works, but how it should
look like.

Situation:
Connected to my 68 engine I have a starter motor with a build in starter
solenoid. I also find a seperate startersolenoid screwed to the right
panel under the hood. A huge wire runs from the battery to the starter
motor, and from here to the seperate solenoid (also huge). From the
seperate wires dirstribute to the rest of the car (looks like a patch
panel)(only one contact of the second sloenoid is used).

It looks to me like the solenoid is not used, but for patching reasons.

Question: Where is the normal position of the wire hub in a '68 (GT)?

Any help would be appriceated.

Rene

Rene and Marion van Maanen
Netherlands Europe