Re: HELP! Need advice QUICK!

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: HELP! Need advice QUICK!
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:43:58 -0500
Benjamin Ruset wrote:

> I'm possibly going to land the deal of the century.
>
> I can get a 69 BGT for an incredible price. The car is too far gone to be
> restored, but I think it may have an overdrive transmission.
>
> The wiper stalk moves back and forward.... this is the easiest way of
> checking to see if it has OD, short of putting the car on the lift?
>
> The VIN (if it helps) is GHD4U182955G
>
> BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
> Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis

Ben,

If the car is not running the only way to verify presence of an OD is to
stick your head under the car and look.  Remember the fairly recent
adage, "....trust, but verify..."  (The switch was present on all the
cars of that year and moves fore and aft, but without the OD unit behind
the tranny, all you have is a movable switch....)

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/