Re: Crappy car manuals

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Crappy car manuals
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 98 09:58:33 -0000
On 1/3/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>> > I hate VW's I had the same experance with the damm sump plug. it =
requred
>> > the godzilla of allen wrenches to remove it witch would not be in for =
3
>> > weeks. so I heated a pice of steel up super hot and pounded it into =
the
>> > hole then doused it with water and voila a plug remover thingamabob.

In my experience, allen bolts are not limited to VW: all modern cars =
use them. Even more tricky are star head bolts.

The reason they are used is that they can be used on an automated =
production line much more effectively than old-fashioned hexagonal =
bolts. The solution is simple =AD add a set of allen keys and star =
drivers to your tool kit!

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk