Re: Funny occurance

To: ROBRTM3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Funny occurance
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 14:36:07 EST
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 00:47:32 EST ROBRTM3 <ROBRTM3@aol.com> writes:
>Hi,
>
>Just wanted to run this past y'all.  Perfect day for a drive in the 77
>MGB
>here in Katy,TX ; so I ran around a bit and dropped by and picked up a
>friend
>and the car started stalling; starting only after the passenger gets
>out.
>Passenger weighs 240, I weigh 245.  The only deductions I can make are
>that
>there was too much weight in the car or the passenger tilted the car
>just
>enought to the right to mess up the fuel delivery some way.  The gas
>tank is
>new, the carb just rebuilt and the fuel pump is an older after market
>electronic type, facet I believe.  Any Ideas? And please, no jokes
>about the
>weight, I know I need to loose a few pounds, and besides I'm 6'3" and
>carry it
>well. ha
>
>Thanks
>Robert Murray
>Katy, Texas

I confess to a slight chuckle when i read the post Robert and i dont know
if
the weight per se would cause the problem - it might be just the obdurate
nature of the car deciding you two were a bit too much to deal with - !
If its any consolation I had a friend of mine of similar weight in the 69
last summer and and managed to remove the muffler going over what is
usually a clear kerb!!
Sorry to be facetious but you gave me a smile on an otherwise dreary
monday!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]