Tachs

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tachs
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:28:57 -0800
I'm Assembling my ' 62 MKII and have come across a small problem. I'm
putting in a 1275 ( I know, shame on me, etc etc).and I have the
original tach. ( Mechanical in '62 ) and the Generator from the 1275
('67) which has no drive output for the tach. I would like to keep the
Tach because it matches the Speedometer, and the fact that my wiring
harness is already done and don't want to run another wire for an
electric tach..
 My question boils down to this,  Can I just replace the rear plate on
the generator, ( thinking that the rest of it is the same as previous
years.) or would I have to get a correct year generator ?

Does anyone have the drive cables and gearbox lying around that they
would like to see put to use?
Any old generators left over from an alternator conversion?