Re: Quandry..14" or 15" Wheels for MGB

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Quandry..14" or 15" Wheels for MGB
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:37:20 EST
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:50:32 EST Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com> writes:

>I just got some 175/65R14 Michelins from Sam's Club. They look minute
>compared
>to the blimps the DPO had on the car. They handle much better and I
>swear even
>the brakes work better. With a smaller diameter tire the road has a
>shorter
>lever to
>oppose the brakes, less foot pounds. Does this make sense?

The biggest noticable effect the smaller diameter tire will have on the
brakes will be an increase in pedal effort to achieve a given level of
braking.
 the amount of force the brakes have to oppose is a function of the speed
and weight of the car.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]