Re:Engineers & Hell, but no LBC content

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Engineers & Hell, but no LBC content
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:19:14 -0800 (PST)
Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu> sent in:

Subject: Riotously funny, but no LBC content

I just had to share this with y'all.

> --- How Hot Is It In Hell - A True Story ---
>
> A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his
> graduate students. It had one question:
>
> "Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
> Support your answer with a proof."

I have this joke to add:

An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks
his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer--you're in the wrong
place." So the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in.
Pretty soon the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort
in hell, and starts designing and building improvements.

After a while they've got air conditioning and flush toilets and
escalators, and the engineer is a pretty popular guy.

One day God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer,

"So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan replies, "Hey, things
are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and
escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to
come up with next! God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer?
That's a mistake--he should never have gotten down there; send him
back up here!"

Satan says, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm
keeping him." God replies "Send him back up here or I'll sue."

"Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to find a lawyer up there?"

Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
Venice Beach, California
310-393-6605