Engine swaps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine swaps
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:39:40 EST
<<Personally, I have a Camaro 2.8 MPI V6/700R4 automatic drivetrain with
MGA twin-cam front and rear disk brakes in my fun '57 MGA coupe.>>

Dave Quirt chose a pretty good engine for a swap - it's not too wide and fits
between the A post reinforcements on an MGA. It puts out 130-140 bhp, and runs
clean. The block is about the same length as an MG motor (I was building a
Twincam and an engine for my Fiero at the same time and had a tape measure in
my hand).
It will also put out more power than a 215 if you turbo the GM motor - I run
about 300 bhp in my street Fiero and pass smog testing with no problem. Try
that in a hopped up 215!

Bill S.