Re: whitewater testing....

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: whitewater testing....
From: mgb_73@juno.com (James E Kearman)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:57:55 -0500

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 20:13:58 -0600 Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
writes:
>What's the secret for staying dry while driving our B's in the rain?

That's a good one. Even M???s leak. The week after I bought my B I
decided to drive to a museum in NW Massachusetts. It was a blustery,
rainy day, and I had a great time driving the little B up the back roads
in the storm. Except the rain was leaking under the windscreen and
collecting on the bottom of the dash, before it poured down on my left
leg.  I stopped at a Wal-Mart (the only place open in Adams, Mass. on
Sunday) and got some sealant but it was raining too hard to put it on.
When I got to the museum my left pants leg was soaked but my right leg
was dry. I left an interesting trail as I walked! Once the rain stopped I
applied the goop all around the frame and did manage to plug the leak.

The glass is delaminating, though, and I'll have to replace the
windscreen next year, which will probably result in a whole new set of
leaks.

My other solution was to buy a cheap non-LBC to drive on rainy days!

Cheers,

Jim

---
Jim Kearman