Re: British Cars in the USA Question

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: British Cars in the USA Question
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:18:42 EST
On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:08:23 EST Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com> writes:
>In a message dated 98-03-11 06:21:17 EST, mgworld@chp.ltd.uk writes:
>
><<
> It's true that Kia has the rights to build the Elan, but I'm fairly
>sure
> that they don't own Lotus.
>

> Philip Raby

> For whatever it's worth, I read that KIA is currently in the Korean
>version
>of receivrrship.

They are....as are most of the Korean "heavy industry" conglomerates
(Halla, Keoyang, ....and waiting in the wings.....Hyundai) Damn their
eyes!! - Korean bankruptcies have cost me very dearly this year!!!!!
I was looking at a Kia 4wd a couple of weeks ago - just out of interest,
not a terrible vehicle and VERY cheap but the salesman told me he didnt
expect them to be around too long - an "orphan" in the making

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster