Re: RHD to LHD conversion

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: RHD to LHD conversion
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 11:57:19 -0000
On 12/3/98 9:04 am Simon Matthews said

>My question in reply to your question, is: why would you want to do this?
>My wife and I both drove RHD cars in Italy for 1 year with no problems and
>the previous year, I drove a LHD MGB in the UK at weekends and a RHD car in
>Italy during the week (yes, it was a long distance commute).

I'd be inclined to agree. I quite enjoy driving lhd cars over here: it
feels 'different'. Although, it has to be said, overtaking can be tricky!

Years ago, a US friend came over here and was excited by the fact he
could buy an old Jaguar (or Jag-wah as he said) for peanuts. He reckoned
that a rhd car in the States was considered very cool.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk