1975 MG Midget for $800

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1975 MG Midget for $800
From: HORNERLJH <HORNERLJH@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:15:13 EST
To:  Lister buying 1975 MG Midget for $800.  (Charlie Shellink{sp?}?)
Bring a battery & jumper cables to see if this thing can be started or at
least turned over.  The battery on this vehicle is located at the middle of
the firewall conveniently(!) behind the heater box.  At that price a frozen
engine is not out of the question, especially a 1975 w/ the 1500cc Triumph
engine w/ 60k miles (bearings wear).  No rust?  Really check all the typical
LBC rust locations.  Very few people had these undercoated/rustproofed before
taking new delivery, except a few of us including yours truly, who had seen
the ravages of the tin worm on other LBC's.

W/out further rambling, I own a 1975 MG Midget since new.  If you want to talk
before you see the vehicle you may call me at home this weekend at some
reasonable hour in the Eastern Time Zone, preferably early Sunday evening.
The rest of you leave my phone number alone!

I realize by my admission of continuous ownership of said aged vehicle that I
have some of you thinking I qualify for our new OF Club.  Hmmm ...

Jack Horner
New Canaan, CT
203-972-3844 (tel)
203-972-1068 (fax)
hornerljh@aol.com
1975 MG Midget
Eye-tie GT thing
Hun mobiles

PS  Is the current owner certain that it is a 2 door convertible w/ manual
transmission?  Sorry, I couldn't help it!