Spring Drive (with the top down)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spring Drive (with the top down)
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@kalama.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:02:08 -0800
Hi folks. This (genuine) OF just returned from a spring drive with my bride
in our '79 MGB (with the roof down).  What a pleasure to tour the back roads
of Washington State on a beautiful spring day.  The sun was shining and the
temperature hit 70 degrees this afternoon.  We started out in heavy overcast
and June(that's my bride) had a rug over her legs and we both wore heavy
jacket.  Then towards eleven o'clock, after 40 miles of traveling, the sun
broke through and the rest of the day was (almost) shirtsleeve weather. The
main problem we encountered was 'how to keep our MGB Register caps from
blowing off'. I think we will take the advice of that little "QUILTER"
lassie and use those alligator clips on future outings.
We covered over 100 miles today and the "B" performed faultlessly. We saw
our volcano, Mt.St.Helen, in all it's glory, under a beautiful covering of
snow, and there were daffodils and spring flowers everywhere. What a treat.
Hope your Saturday was as pleasant as ours.

Cheerio....Stuart.....'79 MGB (with the top down)
Stuart Farmer
2724 Florida St.
Longview,WA 98632         k7wf@kalama.com
Tel: 360-423-1769