RE: IOOOFs

To: "'John McEwen'" <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>,
Subject: RE: IOOOFs
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@enteract.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:08:41 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From:   John McEwen [SMTP:mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca]
Sent:   Saturday, March 14, 1998 1:28 PM
To:     ccrobins@ktc.com
Cc:     mgs@autox.team.net

I should clarify that "undress occasions" refers to those times when the
full uniform is not worn and regular clothing is called for.

For example - Let us assume that the dress uniform is a tweed jacket =
with
elbow patches worn over a v-neck wool sweater with shirt and tie, tweed
pants - preferable plus fours with argyle socks and leather oxfords,
string-back gloves and a flat cap.  The undress uniform could be the =
same
outfit without the jacket but worn with a crested shop coat or perhaps =
the
sweater could be a pullover also suitably crested with the appropriate
marque insignia.  Brogues could replace the oxfords.

The insignia of the appropriate class of the Order would be worn with
full-size medals and ribbons on the dress uniform but with miniatures or
simply with ribbons on the undress outfit.  The wearing of miniatures =
could
be tolerated on still more casual outfits.  The crest of the Order could =
be
used on shirts, ties and caps.

Now if someone with artistic ability and a good computer would design =
the
appropriate badge and insignia we would be in business.

John

[Eric Houkal]   Well this one leaves me out. In nearly all aspects I =
would qualify as a card carrying member, but for me the dress uniform =
would have to be a clean flannel shirt and a t shirt with no (very big) =
holes in it. Too bad, as i had pretty much reconciled myself to OF'dom, =
now it'll have to wait till I can afford better clothes.