Re: Stud Extractor

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Stud Extractor
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:43:23 -0500 (EST)
        Trevor I've used one with mixed success. Worked once, didn't work
twice. I've never had any luck with the screw extractors. If you do use
one I would suggest soaking the stud with PB Blaster and using heat. If
you don't have a MAPP torch this would be the time to get one. Propane
just isn't hot enough. The secret to removing frozen parts is to take your
time. No matter how easy it seems to be going, screw it in and out a
little at a time.
...Art