Oh no .......... a rookie !

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oh no .......... a rookie !
From: Foxy Dave <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 11:00:56 -0800
Hi Folks,
Yes, after years of only dreaming about it, I finally graduated from an
seemingly endless cycle of
buying and repairing old VW's to the ranks of Spridget owner. Hooray for me
!! (thanks, I'm sure ...)
She's a '67 in reasonable shape (not running) I got from a desperate seller
asking  $1200 ..... got it for $600.
(poor guy, his wife made him do it)
Anyway as you might imagine I have a few questions.
Could someone give me a list of socket sizes for special functions ie: hub
nuts, crank shaft ect.
I have a good set up to 13/16 but don't want to buy a whole big set if I
only need two or three sizes.
Any other special tools required ? (I will not be doing any major eng. or
trans. work at this stage)

The car is  a series 4 (GAN 4L 55079) and thus should be a positive ground
system, correct ?
What are the signs of conversion to negative ground ? The reason I ask is
though the battery is not hooked up
it's sitting in the battery box in position to hook up as a negative ground.
Are there tests to run ?

that's all for now ...
I'm sure I'll have plenty more as the weeks go by.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Fox   <dfox@blarg.net>
Seattle, WA
'67 Midget Mk III