Thanks to all who replied about V8's. More questions (long).

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks to all who replied about V8's. More questions (long).
From: "Russell T. Neyhart" <vwruss@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:47:23 -0500
  I'd like to thank everyone that responded to my request about Rover V8
conversions with the MGB.  I haven't had the chance to really look over the
bodywork on my car for some time as it is about five hours away in
Pennsylvania awaiting my purchase of a house with garage.  Unless I find the
bodywork to be such that I wish to purchase a new shell, I will stay with
the 4-cyl.  This leads to a couple more questions...

    1) I found listings for 3-syncro, 4-syncro, etc... bodyshells.  What's
the difference between them, other than the trans. has a different number of
syncros?  I thought there was an early (to narrow to fit the V8), and a late
style.

    2) In the Moss catalog, there was a listing and photo of a nice top/hood
that was said to be similar to the ones (in construction) to German ones.
Does this mean that they have more substantial insulation, etc... than the
stock type?  Also, it stated that they fit '71 and on.  Was '70/'71 a
changeover year in the design of the body, or just the top/hood?

    3) What has anyone done that they liked, or disliked, to their B, as far
as engine, suspension, or braking modifications?

Russell T. Neyhart
'64 MGB Roadster
Manassas, Virginia
vwruss@gte.net